Labels

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The most important thing to remember is the one thing we forget


Yesterday, I was sitting on my bed in tears trying to explain to my husband how I was feeling and explain that i'm on the edge and have no idea why. He was very understanding and admitted that he too has felt the same way from time to time. He offered to go grab me a Zanex to help ease my mind. I told him that I wanted to hold off so his response was that he was going to cheer me up the old fashioned way. He started by letting my dogs in the room, which if you read my blogs then you know that my dogs are my emotional support animals and that they always know how to make me smile. I was passed the bong and took a hit of weed, which kicks in instantly and the more I hit it the better I started to feel. I guess that is technically not the old fashioned way of things but it is our way and has helped me tremendously. He then turned on our latest addition on Netflix, he instantly hit pause. We stayed up for hours just talking about live and our future and our goals and I was able to open up a bit more about what my wants and needs are for the future. He helped me focus and plan what we needed to do to work towards our goals. We then hit play and enjoyed the rest of the night. As anxiety started to hit this morning when I got to work I decided to turn on some music. Music is my soul, without it I would feel lost. The music was on shuffle when I heard the most beautiful lyrics to help me get through the day. I looked to see what the song was and it was Human by Christina Perri. This made so much sense and I recommend that everyone takes a listen.

According to research found, (https://blog.bufferapp.com/10-surprising-facts-about-how-our-brain-works), these changes can affect your attention, perception, short term memory, learning and word finding. As a human you will make mistakes, you will fall on hard times, you will stress and you will be okay. The most important thing to remember is the one thing we forget. We are not robots, witches, vampires or wizards, and even though I would love for my husband and I to be vampires we are not. Simple as that. WERE ONLY HUMAN. Shit will happen, things will get fucked up, however, tomorrow is always another day and presents us with another chance to work towards changing for the better. As hard as things may seem right now, this is not the end of the world. This may be the end of a sentence or a chapter but not the end of life.

Again I am not a doctor and these are just my thoughts and what helps me. If you need help and are struggling with depression I suggest seeking help from a licensed medical professional.


Have a better day!  


No comments:

Post a Comment