Labels

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Stress Eating

I don’t know about you but when I am feeling down I tend to stress eat. Mac N Cheese, Ice Cream by the gallon and a trolley of candy. I have noticed lately that these food do nothing for me. At the moment they taste good but the aftermath is unpleasant. I go from being down to also having a stomach ache, not to mention I stay bloated for days. I have done some research on the topic and found some foods that help when you are feeling blue.

·         Eggs or an Omelet - Rich in B vitamins, B vitamins can help lessen the severity of depression symptoms according to care.com
·         Seeds and Nuts - Perfect timing with Halloween just around the corner. Magnesium, a mineral found naturally in nuts and seeds, influences production of serotonin, a "feel-good" brain chemical.
·         Fish - Omega - 3 fatty acids, omega-3 fatty acid DHA, which has been shown to increase the membrane quality and nerve function of gray matter in the brain
·         Green Tea - L-theanine is an amino acid found mainly in tea leaves which can improve focus while also having a calming effect on the body.
·         Blueberries - rich in antioxidants
·         Chocolate - Studies suggest that chocolate in moderation, does actually make you feel better.
·         Turkey - relatively higher levels of a chemical called tryptophan (amino acids)

Here are some recipes for you to enjoy!

Follow me on Pinterest for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment