Labels

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Stop Stressing and Smile

Today, I thought that I would write about the things that help me de-stress and get through tough days. These things may or may not work for you but you won't know until you try.

Snag a hug from a friend or loved one. Sometimes the best feeling when you are down is a good strong hug.

Go for a walk. If you happen to have pets then this is a great place to start. Take them for a walk they will thank you and your mind will have time to wonder about other things you thought you didn’t have time for. If you do not have any pets go for a walk by yourself, the alone time will bring you peace. Side note if you do not have any pets I defiantly recommend rescuing one or two. They bring so much joy and happiness into a home and act as your emotional support.

Talk about it. This is a hard one for me. When I was feeling down the last thing that I wanted to do was to talk about it. I thought that if I talked about it then I would bring others down or be judged. What I found instead is that I for one am not alone. I also found that talking about it to someone you are close with or someone who might understand what you are going through takes a lot of weight off of your shoulders. It actually feels good to let it out and stop bottling it inside.

Go explore your town. Specifically look for sites that you have never seen or been to before. This just puts the world on a scale. It shows how small the little things are.

Sing and dance. Put a song on in the morning and shake it in the mirror. There is nothing better than being suddenly inspired by an inspirational song. I will attach a list of some of my favorites at the bottom.

Fake a smile. This one is said a lot but I have found this to be one of the easiest and hardest to do. Easy because well it's easy to make your face smile. Hard because at the moment when all you want to do is cry the last thing on your mind is smiling. Try it anyways, then try it again. Try to perfect your smile until it makes you giggle a little about all the silly faces your end up making.

Last but not least take some selfies! This sounds way off right?! When I am feeling down nothing seems to go my way. I personally struggle with confidence. I feel like there are so many beautiful women out there and I am not one of them. Well that kind of thinking does no good so turn it around. Yes, there will always be someone prettier, better looking, smarter and funnier than you. That is just how it goes. That does not mean that you are not beautiful. Try to find the beauty within and take some selfies. Do some cute poses, make silly face, and dress up. This will help boost your confidence when you find that perfect picture to post on Facebook.

I hope you enjoyed today's post, please feel free to leave comments, suggestions and questions.

As promised here is a list of the songs that lift me up, feel free to add them to your play list.

Fight song - Rachel Platten
Roar - Katy Perry
Bad Reputation - Joan Jett (Thank you Rowdy for bringing back this inspiration)
Survivor - Destinys Child
Stronger - Kelly Clarkson
Who Says - Salema Gomez
Let it be - Beatles
Here Comes the Sun - Beatles
I Feel Good - James Brown
 Try - Colbie Caillat
Always Look on the Bright Side - Monty Python
Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
It's My Life - Bon Jovi
Don't Stop Believing - Journey
Perfect Day - Hoku
How Do I Feel - Hoku
Three Little Birds - Bob Marley
Jammin - Bob Marley
Don't Worry Be Happy - Bobby McFerrin
The Tide is High - Blondie
What Dreams Are Made Of - Hillary Duff
Why Not - Hillary Duff
On an Evening in Roma - Dean Martin
Anything Eminem or Britney Spears brings me up here are a few
Not Afraid - Eminem
Lose Yourself - Eminem
I Need a Doctor - Eminem
Piece of Me - Britney Spears
Everytime - Britney Spears
If you seek Amy - Britney Spears
Stronger - Britney Spears



No comments:

Post a Comment