Labels

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Self Love #NoMoreTears

Several times a day I will ask my husband how I look, what he loves about me and the good that he see's in me. I know that this sounds needy but I am fortunate enough to have a husband that is very supportive and puts up with me. The reason I ask these questions is because in my mind I am never good enough. I am constantly picking on myself for things that should not even matter. I am worried if I do not look good, I worry about having a bad hair day and about what I am wearing. I know that sounds superficial but there is more. I get disappointed in myself when I don’t clean the house daily or when I skip a workout. I carry a lot of weight on my shoulders and when I get down the list grows with things that are out of my control. I feel upset that I am not a perfect person and hurt when I can't help others. At this point I am an emotional wreck and there is no stopping the tears. The reassurance I get from my husband does not always stop the tears and the feelings I am having. It does however, let me take a step back and feel loved. He seems to know what the right words to say are. The feeling of being loved is far greater than my depression and eventually I can calm down and breathe. It is easier to love yourself on the good days, the trick is loving yourself on the bad days too. I truly believe that you are your own worst enemy. When we forget to love ourselves and focus on all the negative that we see we tend to feel emotional, fearful, and exhausted both mentally and physically. This is usually when the eyes start to tear up and come pouring down.

I thought that today's post should be a lesson on loving ourselves. This will take time and be a learning process for both you and I. I cannot guarantee results but I can just let you know what I am going to try and post my results. Over the next 15 days I will be posting daily letting you know my progress and what I plan to do next. #NoMoreTears.

Day 1
I am going to focus more on the positive things in my life. Are you ready?! Get started with me! Comment, email and follow me.


No comments:

Post a Comment